Friday, October 14, 2016

A Mad Tea Party




 

There was a table set out under a tree in front of the house, and the March Hare and the Hatter were having tea at it.






"No room! No room!" they cried out when they saw Alice coming. 
  "There is plenty of room!" said Alice indignantly, and she sat down in a large armchair at one end of the table. 


 "Have some wine," the March Hare said encouragingly. Alice looked round the table, but there was nothing but tea. "I don't see any wine,"she remarked.
   "There isn't any," said the March Hare.




"Your hair wants cutting," said the Hatter. He had been looking at Alice for some time with great curiosity, and this was his first speech.

 

 "You should learn not to make personal remarks," Alice said with some severity. "It's very rude."


The Hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this, but all he said was, "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"


"Not the same thing a bit!" said the Hatter. "Why, you might just as well say that 'I see what I eat' is the same as 'I eat what I see'!"





"It is the same thing with you," said the Hatter, and here the conversation dropped and the party sat silent for a minute, while Alice thought over all she could remember about ravens and writing desks.



 "The Dormouse is asleep again," the Hatter said, and he poured a little hot tea upon its nose.

"Have you guessed the riddle yet?" the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.
    "No, I give up," Alice replied. "What's the answer?"
    "I haven't the slightest idea," said the Hatter.
    "Nor I, said the March Hare.


"Idiot!" said the Queen, tossing her head impatiently, and, turning to Alice, she went on. "What's your name child?"

 "To the Looking-Glass world it was Alice that said, 
'I've a sceptre in hand, I've a crown on my head
Let the Looking-Glass creatures, whatever they be,
Come and dine with the Red Queen, the White Queen,
 and me!'"


 

"Then fill up the glasses as quick as you can,
And sprinkle the table with buttons and bran:
Put cats in the coffee and mice in the tea- 
And welcome Queen Alice with thirty-times-three!"


 "'O Looking-Glass creatures,' quoth Alice, 'draw near!
"Tis an honor to see me, a favor to hear:
"Tis a privilege high to have dinner and tea
Along with the Red Queen, the White Queen, and me!"



 "Then fill up the glasses with treacle and ink,
Or anything else that is pleasant to drink:
Mix sand with cider, and wool with the wine-
And welcome Queen Alice with ninety-times-nine!"


 The Queen turned crimson with fury and, after glaring at her for a moment, like a wild beast, began screaming "Off with her head! Off with-"

"At any rate, I'll never go there again!" said Alice as she picked her way through the wood. "It's the stupidest tea party I ever was at in all my life!"








 I hope everybody enjoyed this foray into my version of Wonderland. I have had this one in my head for a few years, but was unable to do it until now. I know it doesn't seem like it, but a lot of money and time goes into these shoots. If my parents weren't so supportive these would never happen. Also a huge thank you to my siblings and cousin, who endured this shoot not once but twice.
The first time, I only found out after that my card didn't save the pictures of the food fight, so I was left with a half a shoot. Luckily everyone was up for trying again. It took almost three hours to set this one up. Had a blast doing it, sorry for the crappy editing. I don't have either of my usual programs right now.

 













 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! :D Such a fun, amusing, whimsical, appropriately-Wonderlandishly-bizzare. I just love scrolling through these pictures (and what are you talking about, they're awesome! o.o) and how it works with the quotes and stuff. THIS IS PERFECT I LOVE IT. So... did you take the pictures and your relations posed? Love all the expressions and costumes and props and food. :D THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS WAS AWESOME! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb!! Your comment made all of the work so worth it!
      I'm glad you like them so much! :D
      Yes, I took the pictures, I am only in the very last one.
      Thank you so much for taking time to look at the pictures and comment. Means the world to me! Thank you for your kind words!!! <333

      Delete
  2. I AM LATE (for a very important date) BUT OH MY WOOOOORD SKYYYYE!!!!! I know I saw some of these on Instagram, but getting the full view like this just...SLDJFLSJLDKJFSD. THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING PHOTOSHOOT ON THE PLANET. I can only imagine how much time and effort and money went into this. O_O That is the sweetest everyone was so supportive.

    BUT SKYE. THESE PICS. I just...I can't. This makes me Wonderland-obsessed heart so happy you just have no idea. The food fight at the end is golden. GAH. I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. I want to scroll through these pictures and drool over them for eternity.

    Also, I adore the last one with you in it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! You saw them!!!
      This comment made me smile for like two days, Thank you so much you are the sweetest. Eeekk! I can't even think of words. <3333
      I am so glad you liked them!

      assafvshfbsfknjnfksnjkn.

      *blush*

      Delete
  3. THIS IS AMAZING AHHH!!!! Honestly you're so talented and I love the detail that's gone into it. This is just incredible.😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigoodness!!!! Thanks Cait, that means alot!!!
      <3333

      Delete
  4. AAAAHHH! I love this so much! So beautiful and very Wonderland. I love the food fight and you captured all the sloshing tea and things being thrown. XD And all the actions and facial expressions! I think it's great that everything is busy and there's a lot in the pictures, but it's not distracting. Gah! I love this so much. It made me smile and it looked like a lot of fun too! You're awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them! The sloshing tea and food fight was my favorite part.
      Thanks for making it all the way to the end and commenting.
      Eeep,your the best!

      Britney is such a good designer.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE THIS POST SOOO MUCH! Seriously, it is STUNNING. The colours throughout are absolutely beautiful and the table looks amazing, and all your family! The girl in white looks AMAZING, her dress! her hair! her make-up! Seriously Skye I love this TOO MUCH. <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I'm glad you like them :D
      That's my cousin, Emma, she really gets into character!
      Thanks, for leaving such a lovely comment!!!

      Delete
  6. Are you kidding, this was AMAZING!!! Oh my gosh, I would love to see more. The makeup, the costumes, the pictures... it's all absolutely fantastic.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete